Featured

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lady Gaga : Gaga's dad is ok after an open heart surgery


Lady Gaga has said that her dad Joseph is 'doing great' following his open heart surgery last month.

The 23-year-old told UK magazine Look: "He's doing great. He's home now and I'm just really excited that I have my dad for the rest of my life. It was a really close call, so I'm just relieved."

She added: "Well, I've known about my dad's heart condition for a long time - about 15 years. About five years ago it became worse but he wasn't going to get the surgery. He told me, 'Whatever happens, happens'."

So Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, said that she had prepared herself for the worst.

She said: "Yeah, I was getting ready to lose my dad. I wrote a song called Speechless - that's not a plug by the way! It was my plea to my father to have the heart operation.

"He said he felt fine, but one day he just started not feeling so good and I literally dropped everything, sat down with him and told him, 'This is not just your heart, it is all of our hearts. If you go, Dad, I'm going to quit music'. And so he had it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Entertainment Showbiz Design by Insight © 2009